Saturday, June 13, 2009

Gonzales Shower!

Does anyone else feel like it has been a while since we had a baby shower? Luckily for those having baby shower withdrawal, today was the Gonzales baby shower.

The cake was adorable and quite tasty!

The wreath on the door looked amazing! Stacy would definitely label the creator of the wreath as a crafty person!

The baby food game was new to me. The ladies without children put their heads together and pulled out a win. I don't know about the others but I'll admit that I also used the debating of the mommies around me to make my decisions. I knew to look at the color but hadn't thought about looking at the texture and thickness or the samples.

The cookies were my favorite! A piece of cake, a cookie, and coffee...I'm really going to crash once it all wears off!

The house was beautifully decorated and had my favorite magnets!

Gorgeous mom to be Alia! Always so sweet!

Is there something about those pregnant bellies that makes them magnetic? Just wondering. They seemed very drawn to each other.

The other Mrs. Gonzales with strawberries and chocolate. Gotta love all three!

So many people to hug and talk to!

Jaime was deep in thought about her positive parenting wisdom.

Many sweet touches and thoughtful keepsakes.

Alia and the hostesses.

The quilt squares were sort of a tough challenge for many of us at first but in the end everyone came up with something they were happy with. I can't wait to see the finished product!

Samantha was having a great time with Aiden! She was claiming her man and giving him some love before he was even born!

Back with mommy.

I think the favorite clothing item was the onesie with the baseball on the back.

A classic gift that every baby needs.

The highly anticipated gift of books.

I've never met a group of women (including those who were absent or not pictured here) who are so caring and supportive. It hit me today how absolutely blessed we all are to have each other!

It looks like this baby is going to be a hiker from early on. I can't wait to meet him. Thank you to those who planned and attended the baby shower today!

2 comments:

M & M said...

Thanks, Suzi!

Katie said...

Great post Suzi! Thank you Margaret for the pics and letting me use your camera!