
As I sit captive in my home and wait for Edouard to pass through the area, my mind wonders to sunnier thoughts. Last Saturday was our Starting Point Summer Party and you definitely missed out if you were not there! I should be posting some pictures soon from all the festivities. Jake grilled hot dogs pool-side while everyone swam, jumped off the landscaping (Matt), held babies, or chatted about recent happenings. Once they were ready, the hot dogs and sides were quickly devoured. Jaime's dessert didn't stand a chance as many people came back for seconds, thirds, and more.

No Starting Point event would be complete without a competition of some sort. Since the hot dogs were consumed and the pool was not built for Olympic competition, we turned to volleyball. I think some of the men came specifically for some competition and were happy it didn't take too long to get started. Even some of the girls braved the sand volleyball court. Throughout the multiple games everyone had an opportunity to show off their skills and April captured some great action shots.

As the afternoon turned to night and the night turned to late night the party came to an end after one last swim. Everyone collected their leftover items and family members, loaded their vehicles, and made the drive home. No one wanted it to end and I think that fun and fellowship was had by all. The lesson of the night....."Call The Ball!"
4 comments:
Excellent recap Suzi! You are totally hired to recap all Starting Point events :)
Suzi, has anyone spoken to you about being the next official blog manager? Just thought I'd ask because I heard there's an opening...
amen and ditto...
Thanks for the fun recap! This was for sure the most fun we've had in a long time!
Post a Comment