At our Starting Point lunch on Sunday there were a few requests for my Pineapple Casserole (which, when the dish is full, can easily be mistaken for a potato casserole). So, I am restraining my Southern impulse to hold tightly to good recipes and I am offering it up here as a gift of thanks to all of you who made the afternoon a joyous, baby-filled event for Mike and me.
PINEAPPLE CASSEROLE
2 large cans pineapple chunks
1 1/2 cups sugar
6 Tablespoons self-rising flour
2 cups grated cheese
Drain pineapple, reserving 3 Tablespoons juice. Combine flour & sugar and stir in reserved pineapple juice. Add cheese and pineapple chunks. Mix well. Spoon mixture into greased 1-quart casserole.
Top with:
2 cups Ritz cracker crumbs tossed with 1 stick melted butter
Bake at 350 degrees about 30-40 minutes or until the center bubbles and the top is golden brown.
(This dish would be perfect for Easter!)
Cindy

7 comments:
Thank You again for having us all over for lunch! It was so wonderful!
I'm so excited about this recipe. I'm might just make it to take to one of our Easter meals. Thank you, Cindy!
It was delish! Thanks for having us over Cindy!
Wow Cindy!!! YUM. I'm sorry again that we signed up to come and didn't make it. That was so rude of us. We did get lost, but it was just a bad morning overall. I was really bummed to miss it. I just love seeing you and Mike. Thank you for having our class over, and I hope to see you soon! Miss y'all! :)
Thank you so much! I have been wanting this recipe~
Loved being at your house; like old times only different (must have been the extra 20 little bodies) :)
Yay! Thanks Cindy, I'm so excited, I've already told my family that we'll be having a new dish at Easter this year! Quick question, what type of grated cheese would you recommend? I was thinking mild cheddar but I wanted to check with you first. Thanks for opening your home to us and always being so welcoming. Love and miss you guys!
Looks good!! Cant wait to try it.
Post a Comment