
Required Questions:
1. Tell us about your first date.
Suzi- Our first date was on my sixteenth birthday. We hung out at church camp the week before and Mike asked if I wanted to go golfing since I had never been. The golfing was dull but lunch at Chili’s was fun. After that he borrowed twenty dollars to buy some sunglasses at the mall.
Mike- I asked Suzi out after getting to know her at church camp. I wasn’t sure if she liked me or just wanted to be a friend so I was pretty shy during the date. We had fun but I didn’t think she liked me that much. We didn’t see each other much during the rest of the summer, but started going out once the school year started.
2. Tell us something most people don’t know about you and your spouse.
Suzi- Most people don’t know that Mike is practically a gourmet chef. He decides he wants to try making something and he whips it up nearly perfect without consulting a recipe. He also manages to dirty very pot, pan, dish, and utensil in the kitchen. I don’t think most people know how I like to study art and different cultures. I have some really interesting things decorating our home.
Mike- We love going to zoos. Some of our favorites are the Dallas World Aquarium and the Fort Worth Zoo. If you are looking for a zoo that is a little out the ordinary, try the Austin Zoo.
3. What are your goals for the future, both as a couple and individually?
Suzi- As a couple we are seriously starting to think about buying a house. We are really excited to start looking this summer. We are also planning on having kids in a couple of year once we master eating vegetables and other necessary responsible behaviors. My personal goals are to enjoy life and be a positive person. I still need to decide things like if I want to get masters degree or how I want my career to grow.
Mike- I want us to continue to grow as a couple and I want to enjoy life as our relationship deepens. We are looking forward to purchasing a house this summer and children in the future.
4. What is the best gift you have ever given to your spouse? What is the best gift you’ve ever received from your spouse?
Suzi- I think the best gift I gave Mike would have to be his Michigan hat. He had always wanted one because when he was little he thought the M stood for Michael. The best gift Mike ever gave me was a red stuffed bear that was a Valentine’s gift in high school. He left it on my doorstep and didn’t realize I usually left through the garage. My dad felt really loved when he saw the bear as he was leaving for work.
Mike- I think the best gift I gave Suzi would be her engagement ring. I had the opportunity to design it by myself and then do a lot of the construction of the ring. I did a lot of the carving, the casting, and choose all of the stones myself. The best gift Suzi gave me was either my iPod mini or my baton. I use both of them everyday and think of her when I use them.
5. What is your favorite Bible verse? Why?
Suzi- “Love is patient, love is kind….. “ -1 Corinthians 13 It might seem kind of cheesy but some of us require constant reminders of the basics. I think God sends me almost daily reminders about being patient!
Mike- Psalm 23 – Reading it always makes me feel cam and secure. I realize I am watched and cared for even when I feel most alone.

You Choose Questions:
1. If you were a superhero, what would your name and special power(s) be?
Suzi- If I were a superhero my name would probably be “Suzi Sunshine” and my magical power would be finding small ways to make people smile everyday. It’s a little cheesy but I do enjoy making peoples days brighter.
Mike- I would be Michael Maximus. My superpower would be the ability to change my size to be as small as an ant or as tall as a building.
2. If you could be any animal, what would you be?
Suzi- If I could be any animal I would be a penguin. I’m not a big fan of cold weather so I think I would prefer to be an African Penguin. The first time I saw them was at the Dallas World Aquarium. They were pretty cute and looked like they were having fun!
Mike- I would be a grumbly beagle. I think our grumbly beagle Sadie has a pretty good life. She has no job, responsibilities, or worries other than when will she be walked next.
3. What was your favorite item of clothing as a child?
Suzi- I don’t think I wore white socks until I was in high school. I loved wearing brightly colored socks or socks with holiday patterns. My lucky socks for middle school basketball and volleyball were bright yellow and probably looked awful with our red and blue team uniforms. I still have a few crazy pairs that I wear to sleep in or relax.
Mike- Pajamas with feet are awesome. I would want some now but they are expensive and I think I would look pretty silly.
4. What was your favorite toy as a child?
Suzi- I have always loved art supplies! I guess if I have to pick one favorite it would have to be my sixty-four pack of crayola crayons. I do shamelessly prefer sharp crayons so I was glad to receive a crayon maker as a gift a few years ago because my old crayons could be recycled and live again.
Mike- My favorite toy would be the wiffle ball and bat that my brother and I played with all the time in the summer.
5. What is your top restaurant recommendation in Houston?
Suzi- I really like all of the family owned Mexican restaurants in Houston. My favorites are El Imperial near 1960 and I-45, Rodeo near Cypresswood and 249, and Doneraki’s near 1960 and Champions Forest. My go to order is cheese enchiladas with gravy.
Mike- I like Ruggles Café and Hungry’s Café – both are near Rice University.
Questions From The Class:
1. What is your favorite unexpected thing about each other? Meaning...unknown when dating, later to be revealed. (Submitted by Margaret)
Suzi- I like how sweet and thoughtful Mike is. When we were dating he was always buying me small gifts but it wasn’t until we were married that I realized how much time, effort, and deep thought he puts into everything.
Mike- I love how supportive Suzi is. She always listens and supports me in any endeavour.
2. Where is your favorite place you've been as a couple in all your travels? Why? (Submitted by Lindsay)
Suzi- My favorite place we have been is Mackinac Island! It is a small island between Lake Michigan and Lake Huron. I first went there with my parents and loved it so much that I suggested it as the first part of our honeymoon. There are no vehicles on the island except for a fire truck and an ambulance. It is such a beautiful place for outdoor activities. We stayed at the Grand Hotel which was built in 1887 and offers an amazing formal dinner. More than anything I enjoy how peaceful and relaxing it is. We are hoping to go back every now and then to celebrate milestones in our relationship.
Mike- Mackinac Island and the Grand Hotel
3. What are your greatest differences? (Submitted by Margaret)
Suzi- Typically I tend to think with my head and rush into things while Mike thinks with his heart and takes his time. We balance each other very well in most situations.
Mike- Suzi does best when multitasking and I am horrible at multitasking.
4. What is your favorite thing to do together? (Submitted by Margaret) What is your favorite spot in this area to go as a couple for something fun to do? (Submitted by Lindsay)
Suzi- We are pretty simple because we love talking to each other about everything. We enjoy shopping in the Woodlands, exploring Rice Village, and driving around looking for new unique places.
Mike- Either driving and talking or getting coffee and talking.
5. If you were on an island and could only have one TV show, one cereal, and one complete discography by a band or musician what would they be? (Submitted by Eric)
Suzi- I’m not sure about the TV show. Probably something like Friends or Scrubs. I would definitely have Lucky Charms cereal and probably only eat the marshmallows. As far as music, I would definitely have to have Superchick.
Mike- Frasier, Cheerios, and the Mahler Symphonies conducted by Herbert von Karajan and performed the Berlin Philharmonic.

3 comments:
Loved getting to hear all your answers! I have heard that M. Island is a great place. So glad that y'all are in our class!!!
Yay! Way to start the couple feature off right!
Absolutely loved this!!!
And I guess that is why we have a child...we both like our veggies! :)
Post a Comment