Friday, March 09, 2007

LET THE SON SHINE

Who doesn't love a little sunshine? Even my pooch found the sunniest spot in the house today. He could have snuggled into a huge, soft chair in the study or spread out on a furry blanket in the den. Instead, he chose the floor and a little sunshine.

We love those rays...yes, we do. Rain, rain, go away...let us have a sunny day.

I was thinking about our infatuation with blue skies this morning as I knelt to pray. I looked up at the sky and tried to wrap my mind around God's hugeness. The sky was crystal clear.
Funny thing, but suddenly I missed the clouds.
Don't get me wrong. I love a sunny day. But there's something about those clouds that makes me acutely aware of God's majesty. I simply see Him in the clouds: swirling clouds, light, wispy clouds, or dark clouds that threaten rain...He is all over them.
The same goes with my life. When my heart is broken...when temptations threaten to crush me...when I am wounded or grieved...when life makes no sense...those are the times I have sought God most desperately. And He has never disappointed me. Every time I have turned to Him, He has shown Himself to be merciful, patient, tender, strong, steadfast, and a Bringer of Joy in the Morning.

So, this morning I squinted at the sun, stared at the clear, blue sky and thanked Him for such a perfect day. Yes, those rays are beautiful.

But rain or shine, God is present and forever faithful.
Do you know how God directs His clouds or makes their lightning flash? Do you understand how the clouds float, those wonderful works of Him
who has perfect knowledge?
Job 37:15-16


For He makes waterdrops evaporate; they distill the rain into its mist, which the clouds pour out and shower abundantly on mankind. Can anyone understand how the clouds spread out or how the thunder roars from
God's pavilion?
Job 36:27-29

Who has the wisdom to number the clouds?
Or who can tilt the water jars of heaven?
Job 38:37
God never promised skies always blue,
But strength for the journey all the day through.
-Unknown

No comments: