Wednesday, September 27, 2006

ARE YOU HAPPY?

I am still thinking about our lesson from Sunday. Far too many times in my own life I have been like David, absolutely miserable in the pit of my own sin. There is nothing like shame and guilt when it comes to destroying our happiness, our hope of ever changing, and our sense of ever being of value to God. I am shaking my own head as I consider how long it can take me sometimes to be so miserable with myself that I finally get alone with the Lord, agree with Him about the condition of my own heart, ask His forgiveness, and then, with much humility and gratitude, receive His gracious gift of cleansing. In every single instance, I have experienced the sweet freedom that comes from having my sins removed from me. Forever. And in nearly every instance I have asked myself, "Why did it take you so long?"
Happy are those whose sins are forgiven, whose wrongs are pardoned.
(Psalm 32:1)


I have heard that our flag football team is having a great time and playing with an excellent stadard of sportsmanship, never forgetting that, after all, "it is just a game." The rest of us are invited to join the cheerleading spouses at the church baseball fields on Tuesday or Thursday evenings (refer to the schedule listed on this blogsite).

THANK YOU to April and Matt Landes for a wonderful Game Night on Friday. A good time was truly had by all.

This Sunday we will begin our evening Bible Study entitled "Love and Respect." I am looking forward to it with much anticipation. I believe our marriages will be enriched and blessed through this study. Please come. There is no homework. We will have workbooks with a listening guide so we can fill in the blanks as we watch the video. Then the guys and girls will break up into separate groups for discussion. I even heard talk of some guitars and worship music! So don't miss out! We will meet at my house from 6:30 to 8:30, but if you can, please come at 6 so we can have a little fellowship time before we begin. We will try very hard to adhere to our schedule so everyone can get home in a timely manner. Please let me know if you need directions.

I can't wait to see you on Sunday.

No comments: