Required Questions
We had both been to Stacy’s sorority functions together as friends, but our first “real” date was to a nice Italian restaurant in Waco called Gratziano’s. It was a great night as we were both excited to finally move past the “friends” stage. Of course the thing that made even better for me was that I would no longer have to worry about Stacy trying to set me up with her roommate anymore.
Tell us something most people don’t know about you and your spouse.
Something that most people do not know about Stacy is that she is quite the daredevil. Many people are surprised to find out that one of here favorite experiences was when she went sky diving in college. As for Charles, what you see is what you get however most people are often surprised that he loves to read.
What are your goals for the future, both as a couple and individually?
As a couple and individuals our goal for the future is the same right now. As expecting parents we are wanting to be the best parents we can be.
Professionally, we would both like to move back to Waco and teach at Baylor University (GO BEARS!!).
What is the best gift you have ever given to your spouse? What is the best gift you’ve ever received from your spouse?
This may sound a little corny, but the best gift either of us has given or received from one another is the baby God has allowed us to have and share together (Stacy letting me get a motorcycle is a definite close second though ☺). There is no words to express how great this gift is. We love our little man so much already!!
What is your favorite Bible verse? Why?
Stacy’s favorite verse is Psalm 37:4, “Delight yourself in the Lord and he shall give you the desires of your heart.” When I am up or down, this verse provides comfort. It reminds me to always seek him first for anything. Only he knows the true desires of my heart (more than I do!) and as long as I focus on being in him, then he will delight my life. I love it!
Charles’ favorite verse is Prov. 14:23, “All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads to poverty.” I reminds me constantly that actions actually produce something, but words are just words when there is nothing to talk back them up. I would rather be known as a man of action and no words than a man of great words and no action.
You Choose Questions
Besides your family, pets or Bible, what one item would you want with you if stranded on a deserted island?
Stacy: Being a huge fan of Survivor I honestly think my one item would be flint so I could make fire. Heehee!! Then definitely a fishing pole! Fishing on a deserted island…I am liking the sound of that!
Charles: Stacy may take flint, but I would have to take Stacy’s childhood glasses (just think coke bottle bottoms). I could use these for lots of things: making fire from the sun, binoculars to look for ships, etc. Oh yeah, and they would remind of Stacy.
Stacy: Thanks Babe…the love just over pours from your mouth! ☺
What is your top area of expertise?
Stacy: My area of expertise professionally would have to be special education students. I love working with them, testing them, working with families, setting up their programs, and most importantly seeing them smile when they learn something new. They have taught me more than I could even START to mention! They are my kiddos!
Charles: My top area of expertise professionally is also special education students/adults. I get the privilege to work with them daily and I have known that this would be my dream since I was in Junior High. God has always provided a place in my heart for them, and I have enjoyed every moment with them. My favorite memories are from the Houston Special Olympic Basketball Tournament that we run every year. At this event we get to work with students from 8 years and up. It is a blast!
What was your favorite item of clothing as a child?
Stacy: Anyone who has seen childhood pictures of me already know that I did not have a favorite item of clothing. No, this was not because I would wear anything in the closet, but because I preferred to wear nothing at all. Don’t worry, I did start wearing clothes when I started school!
Charles: I didn’t have much choices of what to wear as a child. By now I am sure you have seen the wonderful baby pictures of me. Needless to say, I wore whatever was in boy’s Husky section.
Both: We both have to admit though that as we were older, we did both enjoy wearing “Z Cavaricci’s”! Not even sure that is how you spell it, but we wore them!!
What was your favorite toy as a child?
Stacy: The toy I loved the most as a child were my Hug-A-Bunch dolls. My Gloworm was a close second!
Charles: Of course I enjoyed my small arsenal of Transformers and my collection of He-Man, but my favorite toy as a child would have to me my Voltron toys. I still remember the Christmas I got the final characters to finish creating the full Voltron.
What is your top restaurant recommendation in Houston?
Melting Pot, but only go with 2 people! And for the full adventure order the “Big Night Out for 2”! Plan on dropping about $100 when you go as a couple…but it is so worth it to us!
Questions From The Class
What is the most important lesson you have learned as a couple? (submitted by Margaret Weyler)
As a couple the most important thing we have learned by far is to wait for God’s timing and be patient knowing he will fulfill the desires of our heart. It is harder than it sounds when you are placed with crossroads, but we must say at the end of the trial…you look back and think, “Man were we silly or what?” Not to mention the blessing is usually bigger than imagined anyway!!
What is each of your favorite food? (submitted by Margaret Weyler)
Charles: My favorite food is definitely Paella which is a rice dish that started in Spain. It is awesome!
Stacy: I could not think of a specific favorite food, but I will eat anything Tex-Mex any day, any time, for any reason.
What is the best trip you have been on as a couple? (submitted by Mike & Suzi)
The best trip we have been on as a couple would have to our trip to Europe a couple of summers ago. It was exhausting as we hit 7 countries in 3 weeks. But we have over 1,500 pictures to show for it and a lot of memories!
*To see pictures of our couple of the month check out their blog! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment