Sunday, January 28, 2007

WHERE MIRACLES HAPPEN...

As a staff member, I had seen miracle after miracle happen at the Home of Grace, a Christian recovery center in Mississippi. But I had never been on "this" side of a miracle.
When April and I embarked on a seven-hour drive to take her mother to the Home of Grace, I found myself a little nervous. I knew her mother wanted help, and I knew the Home of Grace could help her. But I also knew that April's mom, like every Home of Grace client, would have to answer a question....the same question Jesus asked the man He encountered at the Pool of Bethesda, where the sick man had gone to seek healing for a decades-long illness. When Jesus appeared at that place of sickness and suffering, He asked the man, "Do you want to be healed?"
I knew the Home of Grace was like that place in Bethesda...a place where Jesus has appeared to thousands of men and women for more than 35 years who have sought freedom from addictions. And I knew that when April's mom encountered Him, she would have to answer that question for herself.
She answered in the affirmative. Last Friday April's mom celebrated not only her completion of the 90-day program, but her new life in Christ. She was nearly unrecognizable from the woman who had entered only three months before. We are so proud of her and we give thanks to the Lord for pursuing and healing her. His grace truly is amazing and His arm is not too short to save
(Isaiah 59:1 Indeed, the LORD's hand is not too short to save, and His ear is not too deaf to hear). Our class has been praying for April's mom, and we will continue to pray that she will follow the Lord with all her heart, all her soul, all her strength and all her might.


No comments: