
The Elvis cake was a hit last Sunday night at Bible study. I received several requests for the recipe, so I'm sharing it here. It's simple to make and easy to take with you to a party or family dinner.
Elvis Cake
1 Yellow or White cake mix, baked according to directions in a 9x13 pan.
1 can of crushed pineapple with juice
2 cups of sugar
1 box confectioner's sugar
1 stick of butter
1 pack regular cream cheese
Bake cake and leave it in the pan ( I used a Duncan Hines yellow cake mix). As soon as it is done, poke holes all over the cake with a toothpick. Boil the sugar, pineapple and juice until the sugar melts (a few minutes). Pour over the cake. Let it cool (I place mine in the refrigerator if there's room). Mix the butter and cream cheese with a mixer. Add confectioner's sugar. Spread over pineapple mixture. Sprinkle nuts and/or coconut on top. Keep in the refrigerator.

2 comments:
I made it and tried it yesterday. Yum!
Thanks, Cindy (it was very easy)
I made this for a Christmas dinner party, and it was definitely the hit. It was the only cake that was completely gone. My father-in-law said it was called Elvis Cake because it makes you say, "Thank you, thank you very much." It was yummy. --Bonnie
Post a Comment